To provide City of Savannah employees and their families with the motivation, education and opportunities to attain a healthier, happier and more productive lifestyle. The City of Savannah aims to improve the quality of life of our employees and families by building a culture of health through education, motivation and engagement of all employees and their families to participate in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
What is Wellness?
Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. It is "More than being free from illness; it is a dynamic process of change and growth".
How Does Participating Benefit Me?
- Improve your health and well-being
- You will share in the experience with coworkers and family members
- You will learn about your health and healthy behavior
Programs & Perks
- DASH - Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension
- Bearly Sick
- Nutrition and Diabetes Education
- Fitness Reimbursements
- SAV4Health Premium
- Diabetes Program – GoStrong!
- Onsite Health Screenings
- Tobacco Cessation
- Weight Management Program
- Diabetes Prevention Program - Prevent T2 <- COMING BACK SOON
- Wellness Coaching
Who Can Participate?
- City of Savannah employees and dependents enrolled in the medical plan are eligible for all programs and perks.
- For those employees that are not enrolled in the medical plan, please refer to the program descriptions to determine availability.
- All programs and activities are completely voluntary and are a benefit to the City of Savannah employees.
For more information, contact your Employee Health and Wellness Coordinator, Kate DeMasi at 912.651.6545 or email