For Immediate Release
Date: November 15, 2013
In just one week, the City of Savannah will close the call for submissions of original artwork by local college students depicting the beauty of our historic City Hall building. All submissions must be delivered to City Hall by 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 22. The contest is open to any student currently enrolled in a college, university or technical school within Chatham County. Artwork must be accompanied by a completed submission form located at www.savannahga.gov/artcontest
Selected works will be displayed in a permanent exhibit in City Hall’s fourth floor rotunda. Submissions will be digitized and posted online and the winners will be chosen by an online vote of Savannah’s citizens. The winning entries will be framed and displayed by the City of Savannah in City Hall for all our citizens and visitors to enjoy. These works will become the property of the City of Savannah and will not be returned to the artists. Work not selected for permanent exhibit will be returned to the artists after they are temporarily displayed in City Hall for the exhibit opening.
Awards and Exhibit Opening:• Up to 14 winners will be chosen by Savannah’s citizens, including a “Best in Show.”
• All winners will receive an award and reproduction of their winning work for their portfolio, as well as a prize of art supplies.• Winners will be announced to the public during an exhibit opening and awards reception at City Hall.
• Depicts some aspect of Savannah’s City Hall building (located at Bay St. and Bull St.), interior or exterior• Two-dimensional work in any media
• 11” x 14” through 18” x 24” (horizontal or vertical orientation) • Unframed with a protective sheet or sleeve covering surface
• Information sheet completed and turned in with each submission
Eligibility:• College students attending one of Chatham County’s colleges, universities or technical schools
• Students may submit up to two pieces each
Deadline for Submission:• Friday, November 22, 2013, 5 p.m.
Submissions should be delivered to:
City of Savannah, Research Library & Municipal ArchivesCity Hall, Room 103
2 E. Bay StreetMonday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
For more information contact:
Luciana Spracher, Research Library & Municipal Archives Director, (912) 651-6411 or Lspracher@savannahga.gov