For Immediate Release
Date: September 7, 2017
All City of Savannah non-emergency customer services will close at 2 p.m. today through Tuesday, Sept. 12, to allow City staff to begin preparing for and recovering from Hurricane Irma. This includes:
• Sanitation services, including garbage collection and the landfill
• Development services, including permitting and inspections
• Business services, such as business tax certificates
• Community services, including community centers
• Utility services, including bill payment
All City garages will be closed, except for the State Street Garage, which will remain free and open to the public through the storm event.
Residents are asked to secure garbage and recycling carts prior to the approach of Hurricane Irma.