The City is creating a strategic plan, titled Savannah Forward, to guide focus areas and resources. To align FY18 resources with the Savannah Forward initiative, the City is seeking proposals that position arts, cultural, and creative programs as catalysts to meet the City goals of Economic Development, Poverty Reduction, Neighborhood Revitalization, and Public Safety. This program replaces the Contracts for Cultural and Arts Services.
Proposals will be evaluated by the Cultural Affairs Commissioners, who are City of Savannah citizens appointed through an application process by the Mayor and Aldermen. The Mayor and Aldermen evaluate and provide final approval for the Cultural and Arts Investment Program.
1. The Cultural and Arts Investment Program is a competitive process. Proposals may or may not be recommended for funding; therefore, agencies should not rely upon or have an expectation of funding from the City of Savannah.
2. City investment is intended to purchase programs that address the City’s Strategic Plan, have measurable outcomes, and benefit Savannah residents. It is not intended to support general operating and overhead costs not associated with the program or service being funded. Agencies are strongly encouraged to pursue other funding alternatives to support its programs and operations.
3. Investment recommendations must be approved by the Mayor and Aldermen in accordance with the final 2018 Budget and if approved, contracts for services will be executed with selected providers.
The deadline is Friday, September 8, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. Proposals must be submitted to Rebecca Brown via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and hand delivered (hard copy) to 9 West Henry Street, Savannah, GA 31401.
Registration is required to attend a workshop. Please contact Rebecca Brown to register. Applicants that cannot attend the scheduled workshops may seek individual technical assistance by contacting Rebecca Brown for an appointment (RBrown02@savannahga.gov, 912-651-6760).
Workshops will be held at the Civic Center, Musgrove Room on the 2nd Floor East Wing.
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:30 - 11:30 am
- Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- Friday, August 25, 2017 2:00 - 3:00 pm
- Saturday, August 26, 2017 2:00 - 3:00 pm