For Immediate Release
Date: February 10, 2017
Notice is hereby given that there will be a Savannah Chatham Metropolitan Police Department Policy Committee Meeting on Monday, February 13, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. at Chatham County, 124 Bull Street.
The AGENDA is as follows:
1. Take-Home Vehicle Program
o Overview and Recommendation
o Operating Cost Impact of authorizing Take-Home Vehicles up to 26 miles outside County boundary
o Out-of-County Take Home assigned vehicle cost recovery
2. Update on DNA Lab Testing Procurement Authorization:
o Are surrounding agencies interested in cost sharing?
o Touch DNA Private Lab Testing on specific crime guns
3. 2-Year SCMPD Budget requirement outlined in Interim SCMPD Framework Agreement
o City/County staffers recommend waiver of this requirement since final methodology is not complete
4. Whitefield Police Precinct Staffing
5. Consultant Study Areas of Interest
For more information, contact Dyanne C. Reese, Clerk of Council at 651-6441.