Office of Special Events, Film & Tourism
The Special Events, Film, and Tourism office is now issuing permits on a case by case basis for events no larger than 100 guests. This is in response to the growing number of COVID-19 cases in Chatham County. Please check this website frequently for any updates or changes to this Policy.
Due to the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases in our community, the Office of Special Events, Film and Tourism will not be issuing any new Street Performer permits until further notice. Please continue to use your 2019 and 2020 street performer badge until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Jonika Rountree at 912-351-3837.
The Office of Special Events, Film & Tourism was created to streamline services offered by the City of Savannah for these industries. This is accomplished by having a one-stop shop for individuals and organizations to plan their events and gain necessary permitting.
Primary Services include:
- Permitting for film and media projects for students and professional filmmakers;
- Coordinating and permitting large-scale events;
- Permitting block parties and festivals;
- Permitting food trucks, coordinating food truck lotteries, and hosting food truck rodeos;
- Permitting and managing events in parks and squares;
- Managing tourism-related improvements and complaints.
The Office is located in Daffin Park at One Waring Drive. Please contact the Office at (912) 351-3837 for information about services.
Starting January 1, 2020, the Office of Special Events, Film & Tourism will no longer accept personal checks for permits. The only form of payment taken will be Money Orders and Cashier’s Checks. Thank you.
The Office of Special Events, Film and Tourism can no longer “hold” dates without a permit application. This includes permit applications for parks, squares, runs, parades or any other event (except film) in the public right-of-way These changes are being made so that we can more effectively and equitably manage the multitude of event requests that we receive.
1. Event organizers must submit a permit application in order to hold a date;
2. Event organizers can submit a permit application for review one calendar year prior to the event; and
3. At a minimum, permit applications must be received by this office no later than 90 days from the date of the event.
Application submission DOES NOT indicate approval.
The Special Events Ordinance will be effective January 1, 2020.
The Tour Service for Hire Ordinance will be effective January 1, 2020. All tour companies have until April 1, 2020 to comply with all requirements in the Tour Service For Hire Ordinance.
Photo credits: Bunny Ware