Buskers & Artists
BUSKER APPLICATIONS HAVE CONCLUDED FOR 2023
We will begin accepting applications once again in 2024 on Wednesdays from 9 AM until 12 PM
Special Events, Film & Tourism Office
1 Waring Drive
The City of Savannah's Street Performers and Street Artists Program (Buskers Program) offers a unique entertainment experience, bringing to life the vibrancy of our National Landmark Historic District with live music, street performances, and handmade arts & crafts while expanding the identity and presence of our diverse arts and cultures by providing emerging artists with an opportunity to display their talents.
Temporary use of the public right-of-way for such activity will be permitted provided that performers and artists do not interfere with residents’ reasonable quality of life expectations, disturb business activity, or compromise public safety.
Benefits of the City of Savannah Busker's Program
- Buskers wishing to showcase their talent on the public right-of-way shall obtain a Street Performer Permit from the Office of Special Events, Film & Tourism.
- All applicants must read and agree to the terms of the Street Performer Policy.
- Permits are issued for the current calendar year.
- Renewal applications must be submitted by February 28th.
- Buskers may only accept gratuities and shall not offer merchandise, food, or drink for sale.
- Buskers shall keep their area clean and free of any litter or debris, including that left by onlookers. All litter, trash, and debris shall be deposited into the proper receptacles.
- Any display or other material associated with a Street Performer or a Street Performance that: interferes with vehicular traffic, pedestrian traffic, or public amenities; obstructs the right-of-way; contains lewd or obscene material; or, is otherwise dangerous or damaging to public property shall be removed immediately upon the request of any authorized City representative.
- Buskers must conduct themselves in a safe, professional, and respectful manner and abide by the busker's program policy.
- The City may halt or suspend activities that disrupt normal business operations or jeopardize the safety of our residents and visitors.