Film and Media
The Film and Media Coordinator is Nioni Broome. For information about filming in Savannah, please contact Nioni via email or (912) 351-3837.
Productions must submit applications NO LATER than five business days before film activity is expected to begin.
Those with heavier impacts may require additional time to allow for a comprehensive review.
In the instance production cancels a location that has already been permitted, the cost of the permit and any associated fees will apply.
The City reserves the right to deny any request that does not meet the minimum requirements or if the necessary resources are not available to ensure proper safeguards.
Rush fees are not indicative of approval and do not override the five day requirement
Description of Services
Our goal is to have safe, successful, permitted filming in the City of Savannah. Our office does this in several ways:
- Ensure that all filming has as minimal impact as possible on the residents and businesses;
- Fulfill requested City of Savannah needs for productions;
- Enforce all ordinances and permit requirements for filming on public property, including parking, safety, hours of operation, noise, animal regulations;
- Represent the City of Savannah in Recorder’s Court for film-related ordinance violations.
- Issue Film & Media Permits for productions in the City of Savannah;
- Work with Location Managers to troubleshoot location issues;
- Work with SCAD and student filmmakers to ensure safe and non-invasive filming on public property;
- Design and facilitate training for location managers, producers and other film industry professionals on City of Savannah guidelines and expectations;
- Respond to and resolve citizen complaints about film and media projects; and
- Work closely with the Savannah Regional Film Commission to promote safe and successful filming.
Applications for film permits can be found at www.filmsavannah.org.
City of Savannah Permit Fees:
NOTE: ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE EXCEPT IN EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES
|Student Permit - Applicant must be associated with a current class for a grade||$25.00/location|
|Professional Permit||$250/ location|
|Blanket Permit - Crew of ten(10) or less||$100.00|
|Expedited permit - In addition to the fees listed above|
|- Within 72 hours of production||$75.00/location|
|- Within 48 hours of production||$100.00.location|
|- Within 24 hours of production||$300.00/location|
|Cemetery Filming Permit - Must be paid directly to Cemeteries Department|
|Application Fee - Professional applications, per individual application||$25.00|
|Amendment Fees - Charged per occurrence/location|
|- Low Impact - Minor Change such as parking||$100.00|
|- Medium Impact - Moderate changes such as equipment or roads||$200.00|
|- High Impact - Major changes such as film dates or traffic control||$300.00|
|On-Site Services Fee - Charged for filming at a City of Savannah owned property when a City member is required to be on site during production|
|- Per location each day||$100.00|
|- Daily maximum fee regardless of number of locations||$300.00|
|PARKING FEE||$2/hour per space|
|On Street – North of Victory Drive|
|HISTORIC PROPERTIES, AS SHOWN BELOW, ARE AVAILABLE ONLY TO PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTIONS. STUDENTS MAY NOT FILM AT THESE SITES.|
|HISTORIC PROPERTIES IMPACT FEE (Charged per permit/location)|
|City Hall – assessed based on impact||Minimum $500/day|
|Cluskey Embankment Stores – assessed based on impact||Minimum $600/day|
|Savannah Powder Magazine – assessed based on impact||Minimum $500/day|
48-HOUR IMPACTED PROPERTY NOTIFICATION REQUIRED
The Production Company must notify impacted properties, as determined by the Director of the Office of Special Events, Film &Tourism or his/her Designee, no less than 48 hours prior to any film-related activity. Notification is REQUIRED for all filming activity on public and private property regardless if a permit is issued. Failure to do so will result in a fee charged to the Production Company as listed on the Film Permit.
The following fees will be charged to production companies found to be out of compliance:
First Offense Up to $1,500 and suspension of Film Permit
Second Offense Up to $5,000 and suspension of Film Permit