Underground Storage Tanks
Tank Closure & Installation Application
Tank Closure & Installation Request for Inspection
- Hours for paperwork acceptance are 9am – 4pm, Monday through Friday except an holidays
- Contractors shall be responsible for requesting Savannah Fire Marshal’s Office for inspections by utilizing the attached “Request for Inspection” form. Verbal requests for inspections will not be accepted.
- When ready for the appropriate inspection, a properly completed “Request for Inspection” form must be submitted by email or in person. Application shall be delivered to SFD Fire Prevention Office top of application.
- Clean copy of approved permit must accompany application.
- A Fire Marshal will contact you to schedule the inspection. No inspection shall be considered approved or scheduled until such time as you are contacted by a Fire Marshal to confirm an inspection date and time.
- Allow 2 hours from the scheduled time for the arrival of the inspector unless a specific time block is provided otherwise. The appropriate representative must be present upon arrival.
- Approved permit/s and approved plans must be on site at the time of inspection.
- APPROVED PERMIT/S AND APPROVED PLANS MUST BE ON SITE AT ALL TIMES!