Open Commercial Burning & Bonfire Permits
Fire protection permits will now be submitted online through eTrac Savannah.
Use this link (eTrac Step-by-Step User Guide) to help walk you through the new system.
Special Note: While going through registration for your new account you must use a company email.
Please use this link ( eTrac Savannah) to submit your permit.
Fill out and print the Open Burning Permit Form.
- Section 5. COMMERCIAL BURN PERMIT FEE
A commercial burn permit fee is hereby established (as follows below) for the burning of materials consistent with city, state, and federal regulations. A separate fee shall be required for each location, burn site, and/or forced air pit incinerator. The fee provides for a maximum of two on-site inspections. Extra inspection fees as provided in this ordinance shall apply to additional inspections whether requested by the contractor or initiated by the Fire Official.
• Commercial Burn Permit (Valid 90 days) $165.00
• Any Commercial Burn Permit Renewal $105.00 (every 90 days same calendar year)
• Commercial Burn additional pits $115.00
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to follow all City of Savannah ordinances as well as Environmental Protection Division, Georgia Forestry and International Fire Code rules and regulations. Failure to do so can result in the revocation of burn permits without a permit fee refund.
Read and follow the following guidelines.
Fill out and print the Bonfire Permit Form.
- Section 6. BONFIRE PERMIT FEE
A $85.00 fee shall be established for the permitting of a bonfire. Fire equipment fees shall apply when fire department equipment is deemed necessary by the Fire Official. Fire Equipment Fee will be charged separate.
- A site visit by a fire code official is required to determine site suitability. If it is determined that fire department apparatus and personnel are needed, additional fees will be applied.