Permit fee schedule
SAVANNAH FIRE DEPARTMENT PREVENTION OFFICE
PERMIT FEE SCHEDULE
All fees listed below are per the City of Savannah Revenue Ordinance.
ARTICLE L. FIRE SERVICE FEES
Section 10. FIRE MARSHAL FEES
(A) Fire Protection Systems Permit Fees. The fee for providing permits shall be $10.00 per $1,000.00 of materials and labor with a $55.00 minimum. This fee shall be paid for work being performed on fire protection systems or when required by the Fire Official. Documentation verifying materials and labor shall be provided when required by the Fire Official.
1. 8,500 valuation round up to 9,000 9x10= $90.00
2. $4,500 valuation less than $5,000 is = $55.00
(B) Plan Review Fee. On projects for which plan review services are performed by a fire marshal, but no permit is issued, a plan review fee of $75.00 shall be charged.
(C) Penalty for not taking out Required Permit. When work starts prior to the issuance of a permit, a penalty fee of $650.00 shall be added to the permit fee.
(D) After-hours Inspections Fee. An after-hours inspection fee shall be charged for inspections conducted at times other than the regularly scheduled hours established for the assigned Fire Inspector. After-hour inspection fee charge $200.00 (4 hours) every additional hour is $55.00. Fire Equipment Fees per the Revenue Ordinance shall be applicable.
(E) Extra Inspection Fee. When extra inspections are necessary to enforce fire or other applicable codes, due to any of the following reasons, a charge of $75.00 for each re-inspection required, as a result of the same violation:
(1) Work not in compliance with code and/or approved drawings. (Additional $50.00)
(2) Work not ready for inspection upon arrival. (Additional $25.00)
(3) Repairs or corrections not made when re-inspection has been scheduled. (Additional $75.00)
(4) Wrong address. (Additional $25.00)
(F) Underground Fuel Storage Tank Inspection Fees. The owner or operator of underground fuel storage tanks shall pay all City inspections fees that are listed below:
(1) New underground tank installation, per tank inspection $55.00
(2) Leak detection system installation, per tank inspection $55.00
(3) New integral piping system installation, per inspection $55.00
(4) Annual underground tank inspection and inventory check $75.00 per tank facility.
(5) Inspection of the removal or filling and capping of an $120.00 underground storage tank
(6) Inspection of repair or retrofitting of an underground tank $55.00 or Integral piping system, per tank or piping system inspection.
(7) Inspection of the removal operation of the pollutant, $55.00 per inspection
(G) Existing Building Fees. There shall be a minimum fee of $75.00 charged for the examining of any building to identify/address potential fire code requirements for which an application has been made to change a building’s occupancy or certify the permitted occupancy.
(H) Fireworks Permit Fee. A fee of $125.00 shall be paid for the conducting of fireworks displays within Savannah Fire & Emergency Services fire district.
Section 5. COMMERCIAL BURN PERMIT FEE
A commercial burn permit fee is hereby established (as follows below) for the burning of materials consistent with city, state, and federal regulations. A separate fee shall be required for each location, burn site, and/or forced air pit incinerator. The fee provides for a maximum of two on-site inspections. Extra inspection fees as provided in this ordinance shall apply to additional inspections whether requested by the contractor or initiated by the Fire Official.
• Commercial Burn Permit (Valid 90 days) $125.00
• Any Commercial Burn Permit Renewal $100.00 (every 90 days same calendar year)
• Commercial Burn additional pits $100.00
Section 6. BONFIRE PERMIT FEE
A $75.00 fee shall be established for the permitting of a bonfire. Fire equipment fees shall apply when fire department equipment is deemed necessary by the Fire Official. Fire Equipment Fee will be charged separate.