Trade Applications

A property owner may perform construction on his/her own residence if he/she submits a signed and notarized Owner-Occupant of Single Family Residence Permit Affidavit (This form may be obtained at our office from the Senior Plans Examiner). In order to do this, homeowner must: reside or intend to reside on the premises, accept inherent responsibilities for the work authorized by the approved permit, agree to hire properly licensed contractors (licensed in the state of Georgia) for any work that is not performed by the owner, and perform work in accordance with all applicable codes and strictly adhere to the inspection schedule.