- Chief Community Services Officer
- Recreation and Leisure Services
- Therapeutic Recreation
The Therapeutic Recreation Program is a division of the City of Savannah Recreation & Leisure Services Department, which provides recreational activities and opportunities to improve fitness, health, and well-being for intellectually and physically challenged citizens.
Both youth and adults participate in cultural and athletic activities as well as special events and annual Special Olympics competitions.
Our staff is dedicated to maintaining an atmosphere that promotes leisure awareness, social interaction, and personal achievement.
Activities are free and occur quarterly. Some transportation services are available to citizens that live within the city limits of Savannah as a part of the Savannah First Initiative.
- Hours of Operation
- Monday-Thursday 8 am-6 pm
- Youth Afterschool services
- Monday & Wednesday 3-6 pm
- Adult Morning Program
- Monday-Thursday 8:30-11 am
- Adult after work program
- Tuesday & Thursday 3:30-6 pm
- Summer Camp
- Youth & Adult
- Special Olympic Accredited
- Participates in indoor Winter Games & Masters Bowling
- Participate in Summer Games & Horse Show
- Special Events
- Annual Spring Fling Fun Field Day
- Annual Holiday Ball
2022 Making Marks at Telfair Museums
Representing a wide range of individuals of diverse ages, backgrounds, and abilities, this exhibition reminds us that art-making is for everyone. The works featured in this exhibition are submissions created by community members from local health and social service organizations, students, veterans, healthcare workers, emergency responders, and incarcerated inmates.
By empowering people through art and bringing people together as a community, this exhibition showcases the important healing role that art has in our lives.