What is my property zoned?
General information for the entire County is available on the Savannah Area GIS (SAGIS) website at www.sagis.org. The below link is a SAGIS Help Document that will indicate how to view the Zoning District of property through SAGIS.

While generally accurate, you should not rely on that information when entering into any contractual obligations. Please call the City of Savannah Zoning office at (912) 651-6530 and speak to a zoning inspector to verify the correct information before signing any agreements.SAGIS Help Document

Show All Answers

1. What are the requirements for a food truck?
2. Should I sign a lease for my new business before contacting the City of Savannah?
3. My business is located in my home. Am I required to complete a Business Location Approval Application?
4. What is a PIN, and how do I determine it?
5. Do I need to enter the “Previous Business Name and/or Business Use at this location” on the Business Location Approval application?
6. Am I required to complete a new Business Location Approval Application if I have an existing business that is changing location to a new address?
7. Am I required to complete a new Business Approval Application if I have an existing business that is changing business name or ownership?
8. I have a Lawn Care, Pressure Wash or Car Wash business. Are there any special requirements needed prior to receiving my business location approval?
9. Is there a fee for the Business Location Approval Application?
10. How long does the Business Location Approval process take?
11. How will I be notified when my application has been reviewed or completed?
12. What is a change of use and/or occupancy?
13. Once I receive my business location approval, what do I do next?
14. What are the first steps before starting my business?
15. Where can I get a Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) application?
16. Can I apply for a rezoning or text amendment to the zoning ordinance?
17. What is my property zoned?
18. Is it a requirement to reside in the residence when establishing a residential daycare?
19. If the use that I am proposing is different from the current use, but no improvements to the building are needed, am I required to obtain a new Certificate of Occupancy (CO)?
20. Is there such a use as a vacation rental?