How do I call for building inspections?
If you are a General Contractor, or are acting as your own contractor, you may call in your own building inspections, but you can’t call in inspections for your trades. To schedule a building inspection by phone, dial (912) 651-6530 ext. 1919 (or 1889). You must call in before 4:00 PM in order to receive an inspection on the next business day. We do not do same day building inspections. Inspections called in after 4:00 PM will be scheduled for the day after next. When you call in, please have your permit number and job address to ensure that your inspection is scheduled against the correct permit. For more information about inspection requests, such as how to make a request by email, fax, or the City’s online permit tracking system (eTRAC), visit the Inspections page here: Inspections

Show All Answers

1. How do I call for building inspections?
2. How do I get a Certificate of Occupancy (CO)?
3. How are re-inspection fees determined?
4. How do I know if my inspection has passed?
5. How many inspections, and of what type, are required?
6. What time will my inspection take place?
7. What Building Codes are being enforced?
8. What is the difference between a building inspection and a trade inspection?
9. Will I have the same inspectors throughout my permit process?
10. As the homeowner or General Contractor can I call in trade inspections?
11. When will my power be released to Georgia Power?
12. What mechanical code does the City of Savannah enforce?
13. What electrical code does the City of Savannah enforce?
14. What plumbing code does the City of Savannah enforce?
15. Can I schedule a time for my inspection?
16. When will my gas service be released to Atlanta Gas Light?
17. When will my inspection results be posted?
18. Does the inspector have to sign the inspection card?
19. How late can I call in for a trade inspection?
20. What do I do when my project is finished?
21. What are the differences between a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) and a Certificate of Completion (C of C)?