To allow time for your citation to be processed, please wait 3 to 4 weeks for your payment to be put in the system. All citations are subject to a fine. Depending on the agency issuing the citation, the following information may appear on the back of the citation issued to you. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CALL THE RECORDER’S COURT OF CHATHAM COUNTY (912) 652-7425
IMPORTANT If you intend to enter a plea of “not guilty” to the charge(s) against you, contact the Clerk’s Office at the number listed above. You will be assigned a bench trial date different from the date indicated on the front of this citation.
If you wish to waive your right to a hearing and enter a plea of “guilty”, you may pay your fine, in full, by appearing at or mailing your money order/cashiers check made payable to Recorder’s Court to the address below or pay online at savannahga.gov. Be sure to include your citation with your payment. Call the Clerk’s Office or visit the court’s website (www.savannahga.gov) to determine the amount of the fine. The Recorder's Court of Chatham County Attention: Cashier 133 Montgomery Street Savannah, GA 31401 You may pay your fine between the hours of 8:15 A.M. and 4:30 P.M., Monday-Friday. No credit cards will be taken after 4:00 pm.
If you wish to appear in court to enter a plea of “guilty” or “no contest” to the charge(s) against you, appear in court on the date and time shown on the front of the citation. If you enter a plea of “not guilty” at this hearing, your case will be assigned to a trial calendar and you will be asked to return to court on the trial date.
PURSUANT TO GEORGIA CODE 17-6-11, IF YOU HAVE BEEN ISSUED A COURT SUMMONS AND FAIL TO APPEAR TO ANSWER TO THE CHARGE, A WARRANT WILL BE ISSUED FOR YOUR ARREST AND/OR YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE SHALL BE SUSPENDED BY THE GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY. THE FOLLOWING OFFENSES REQUIRE A MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCE
1. No Insurance (if unable to provide proof prior to court date).
2. Driving under the influence of alcohol/ drugs.
3. No license, Driving on a suspended or revoked license.
4. Failure to report an accident.
5. Hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident.
6. Using vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer.
8. Reckless driving, aggressive driving or laying drag.
9. Fraudulent or fictitious use of driver’s license or fraudulently obtaining a driver’s license.
10. Homicide or feticide by vehicle.
11. Homicide or serious injury by interfering with a traffic control device or railroad sign/signal.
12. Serious injury by vehicle.
13. Any felony in which a vehicle is used.
14. Suspended registration.
15. Striking an unattended vehicle.
16. Speeding: 35 miles or over or if in a school or work zone 30 miles and over