Key Street Fire Displaces Family of Five
SAVANNAH, GA (Saturday, February 27, 2021) – At 6:11 p.m., Saturday, February 27, the Savannah Fire Department was dispatched to fire in the 6900 Block of Key Street on Savannah’s south side. Battalion Chief Ira Harper was first to arrive on scene. Smoke was streaming from the roof. Firefighters entered the building and discovered a fire that appeared to have originated on the couch. They quickly extinguished the fire, which caused extensive smoke damage throughout the structure. No one was home at the time of the fire. The five people who reside there were displaced.
Prevent home fires:
- Never run cords beneath furniture or rugs.
- Keep lamps light fixtures and light bulbs away from anything that can burn.
- Do not charge e-cigarettes with a phone or tablet charger
- Only use the charging cord that came with laptops, smart phones and other digital devices
- Unplug digital devices when not in use