Savannah Fire Celebrates the Career of Assistant Chief Curtis Wallace
SAVANNAH, GA (Thursday, August 13, 2020) – In appreciation of his 23 years of dedicated service, the Savannah Fire Department will celebrate the remarkable career of Assistant Chief Curtis Wallace and send him off in style. The event takes place 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Friday, July 31, at Savannah Fire Headquarters, located at 121 E. Oglethorpe Ave. Assistant Chief Wallace has been a champion for the organization and a steward of the fire profession. He established a department-wide records management system and served as a Hazmat Specialist, All-Hazards Incident Management Team Commander and Commission of Fire Accreditation International Level 2 Peer Assessor. His leadership and work as Savannah Fire’s first accreditation manager resulted in the department’s elite ISO Class-I accreditation status.
Friday, July 31
11 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Units will raise a flag at Station 3
- Units will drive through the station to honk, wave and wish Assistant Chief Wallace well
- Dispatch will read a special retirement broadcast over the radio
- Assistant Chief Wallace will be escorted home
- Units will be staged at the following locations along the route to cheer him on:
- W. Oglethorpe and Barnard Street
- MLK Boulevard and Jones Street
- MLK Boulevard and Gwinnett Street
- MLK Boulevard and Anderson Street
- Ogeechee Road and May Street
- 2319 Ogeechee Road
- 2430 Ogeechee Road
- Ogeechee Road and Liberty Pkwy
- Ogeechee Road and Chatham Pkwy
- 4517 Ogeechee Road
The media is invited to film the event from outside of the Savannah Fire Headquarters Building and along the celebration route. For more information call 912-210-3393.
CHIEF WALLACE RETIREMENT
WHAT: Savannah Fire Department retirement sendoff for Assistant Chief Curtis Wallace
WHERE: Savannah Fire Headquarters, 121 E. Oglethorpe Ave.
WHEN: 1 p.m., Friday, July 31, 2020
About The Savannah Fire Department:
Savannah’s first fire company was organized in 1759. It became the nation’s first fully mechanized fire department in 1911. Today the Savannah Fire Department is a progressive, future-focused organization comprised of 318 professional, fully-trained career firefighters. The department operates 15 fire stations in a service area comprised of more than 108 square miles.
121 East Oglethorpe Avenue, Savannah, Ga. 31401/912-644-5957/www.savannahfire.org
Jenel Few, PIO
Savannah Fire Department