Long Term Disability (LTD)
The City of Savannah offers long-term income protection through The Standard in the event you become unable to work due to a non-work-related illness or injury. This benefit covers 60% of your monthly base salary up to $7,500. Benefit payments begin after 120 days of disability.
Long Term Disability Coordinated by:
Long Term Disability (LTD) Summary of Benefits
- Provides a benefit of 60% of your monthly earnings to a maximum of $7,500 per month.
- Members are eligible on the first day following 12 consecutive months as an active employee.
- Benefit payments begin after 120 days of disability.
- Disability benefits continue for as long as total disability continues, or to age 65.
- Monthly LTD benefit will be reduced by any disability income received from other sources, such as benefits from other pension plans, social security, worker’s compensation and/or state disability plans, among others.
For complete details on the long-term disability benefit, please refer to the Long-Term Disability Policy
How Do I apply?
Long Term Disability (LTD) is available to all active employees a year after their hire date. If you have been out due to a disability for four consecutive months, you may apply for Long Term Disability.
To apply, please complete the LTD Claim Packet – Employee Portion and send directly to Barbara Veiock by fax at (912) 525-1697 or by email at email@example.com. Once received, we will complete the employer portion of the application and send to the Standard Life Insurance Company for eligibility determination. Please note determination of eligibility and approval is determined solely by the Standard Life Insurance Company.