The City of Savannah Municipal Archives is responsible for collecting, preserving, and providing access to records documenting the City of Savannah’s history.
The Archives shares this history with City employees, citizens, and visitors through various outreach programs. The City wants to make sure we document the unique neighborhoods and communities that make up our diverse Savannah.
Edgemere; Sackville; Frogtown; Yamacraw; Old West Broad Street; Cloverdale; Brickyard; food traditions in Savannah
• Photographs and/or descriptions of what the neighborhood looked like at different times (How has it changed?)
• Information and/or photographs of community events and activities
• Information and/or photographs of community leaders (Why were they important? What did they do for the community?)
• Information and/or photographs of important community landmarks (churches, businesses, schools, etc.)
• Favorite memories of growing up in the neighborhood
• What makes your neighborhood special or different from other Savannah neighborhoods
• Memories and stories related to food in Savannah
• Savannah related recipes
PDF, JPEG, TIF, DOC, MP4, WAV, MOV, MP3
In accordance with and subject to the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth, I donate the materials submitted by this form to the City of Savannah as an outright gift. To the best of my knowledge, this gift is free and clear of all encumbrances and restrictions. All donated materials shall become the property of the City of Savannah. The City shall have full physical custody and intellectual property rights of all materials in perpetuity for all non-profit use. Typical uses may include, but are not limited to, scholarly and other publications, audio/visual and electronic presentations (including programs on Savannah Government Channel 8), exhibits, and websites (www.savannahga.gov). All donated materials will be transferred to the City of Savannah Municipal Archives, where they will be housed and maintained according to accepted archival principles and procedures to ensure both preservation and accessibility to researchers. The City of Savannah, however, shall have no liability for damage to or destruction of the materials by fire, water, or other casualty. The materials will be made available to all qualified researchers on equal terms of access and copies supplied, upon request, in accordance with the policies of the Municipal Archives.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field