Office of Marketing and Communications
City recommends Halloween Trick-or-Treat hours and sponsored events
SAVANNAH (Oct. 26) – In conjunction with Savannah Police Department (SPD), the City of Savannah is suggesting recommended trick-or-treat hours, city-sponsored events and offering safety tips.
The City recommends trick or treating take place on Monday, Oct. 31, from 5-8 p.m. During that time, SPD officers will be visiting neighborhoods throughout the community to ensure the safety of all-age trick-or-treaters.
Our community centers will host various trunk or treats, candy grabs and Halloween parties throughout the week and on Halloween day. For more information about our Halloween happenings at our centers, visit www.savannahga.gov/halloweenhappenings.
Moses Jackson Advancement Center (MJAC) and Pennsylvania Avenue Resource Center (PARC) will be hosting Fall Festivals on Friday, Oct. 28, from 4-6 p.m. Fall Festival at PARC will take place at 425 Pennsylvania Ave. MJAC’s Fall Festival will take place at 1410 B Richards St.
The Savannah Cultural Arts Center (SCAC) will host a Halloween-themed variety show featuring music, dance, theater, and more. The event will take place Friday, Oct. 28, from 7-8 p.m. at 201 Montgomery St. All ages are welcome, and costumes are encouraged.
To keep everyone safe during this spooky season, SPD advises trick-or-treaters of all ages to review and adhere to the following Halloween safety tips:
- Trick or treat only during the suggested timeframe
- Only visit familiar, well-lit neighborhoods and homes that have their porch lights on
- Walk on the sidewalk and observe all traffic laws
- Parents should inspect children’s candy before they eat any. If anything is unwrapped or looks suspicious, throw it away
- Make sure trick-or-treaters have a flashlight and are wearing costumes that do not restrict their vision, could cause them to trip, are flame retardant and are light colored and visible. Consider placing reflective tape on costumes or treat bags
- Walk—don’t run
- Never go into a stranger’s home
- Always trick or treat with an adult
- Notify police of any suspicious activity
For more information on SPD sponsored Halloween events and safety tips for homeowners and motorists, visit www.savannahga.gov/halloweentips.