May 19, 2020
For Immediate Release
City of Savannah to distribute cloth face coverings to community
SAVANNAH, GA (May 19, 2020) — The City of Savannah is distributing 4,500 cloth face coverings for free to the community.
Through a partnership with the U.S. Conference of Mayors, Los Angeles-based apparel company Bella Canvas donated these coverings to the City.
Savannahians can pick up a cloth face covering at the front desk of City Hall during normal business hours or at the following Savannah Fire stations:
- Station 4 – 2401 Augusta Ave. in West Savannah
- Station 9 – 2235 Capital Ave. on the eastside behind Savannah High School
- Station 11 – 11844 Apache Ave. on the southside behind the Savannah Mall
- Station 13 – 11 Mckenna Dr. near the airport
Savannah Fire personnel will distribute the face coverings at these locations from 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. on Wednesday, May 20, Thursday, May 21, and Friday, May 22 while supplies last.
Firefighters will be wearing PPE during distribution, and social distancing guidelines will be enforced. Savannah Fire has not resumed station house tours or walk-in blood pressure check services. Fire stations remain closed to the public.
CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings to cover their nose and mouth in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, like grocery stores and pharmacies. This is to protect people around you if you are infected but do not have symptoms.
Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2 and should be washed and dried regularly.
Who: City of Savannah
What: City of Savannah to distribute cloth face coverings to the community
- City Hall at 2 E. Bay St.
- Savannah Fire station 4 at 2401 Augusta Ave.
- Savanah Fire station 9 at 2235 Capital Ave.
- Savannah Fire station 11 at 11844 Apache Ave.
- Savannah Fire station 13 at 11 Mckenna Dr.
City Hall front desk:
Monday – Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday, May 20 from 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
Thursday, May 21 from 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
Friday, May 22 from 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.