Parks and Squares Along the Parade Route
Experience the Rush!
The Land Rush is the running of revelers on the morning of the parade to find the best spot in one of our historic squares. It has become a Savannah tradition and a site to see!
The City of Savannah will stage security guards and City marshals in the squares at 10 PM the night before the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. At that time, they will ask everyone to leave the square.
At 6 AM on the morning of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, City and Security staff will “officially” open the squares to parade-goers and the rush for prime spots will commence!
Squares on the Route
Land Rush Rules
- DO NOT tear down the orange fencing that is in place to protect the landscaping.
- Parade-goers are responsible for any litter in or around the space they occupied throughout the night and the space they occupy in the square.
- Pushing, grabbing, hitting or any other physical actions will not be tolerated.
- Once parade-goers are settled in their locations, City staff and security will conduct a “sweep” of the area and require individuals to clean up the streets and square.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages are allowed during this event. Staff will monitor this activity to ensure that public drunkenness, public urination, noise violations, and other local ordinances are not violated.
- Glass containers are NOT ALLOWED. If an individual is found to have glass, a City Marshal will approach the person and ask them to either pour the beverage into an approved cup or pour the beverage out.
- It is not uncommon for groups to get a bit louder as the parade start nears. Staff will encourage groups to comply with the noise ordinance.
- Squares are in RESIDENTIAL AREAS, and it is important to keep them as quiet as possible.
- If an individual or group is in violation of a local ordinance, City Marshals will ask you to comply. If you do not comply, you will be asked to leave.
- HAVE FUN!!!!
Park and Square Rules
- NO UNDERAGE DRINKING
- Do not leave litter or trash, Pack it in / Pack it out (Bring your trash bags)
- Do not damage the landscaping
- Parade patrons will not be allowed to set up in parks and squares until 6 AM on parade day.
- The only setups allowed in our squares are tables, coolers, lawn chairs, and 10' x 10' pop-up tents.
- All material should be removed from the square by 6 PM on parade day
- The use of City electricity and water is prohibited.
- Amplified sound
- Personal Portable Toilets