Medicare Vendor Change Announcement
Dear City of Savannah Medicare-Eligible Retiree, We Have Important News About Your Health Care and Prescription Drug Coverage
The City of Savannah is pleased to introduce the UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) plan for your health care and prescription drug coverage. United Healthcare will be the new Medicare Advantage plan provider effective January 1, 2022 for all Medicare-eligible retirees and their Medicare-eligible dependents. The United Healthcare plan was custom designed exclusively for City of Savannah to help ensure our valued retirees have the same generous benefits you have enjoyed in years past.
Introducing the UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) Plan
The UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) plan is a Medicare Advantage Plan that delivers all the benefits of Original Medicare (Parts A and B), includes prescription drug coverage (Part D) and offers additional benefits and features. This plan is not a supplement plan and does not pay secondary to Medicare. All claims are submitted directly to UnitedHealthcare for payment, not Medicare.
As a UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Member, Your Plan Offers Benefits and Services Beyond What You Will Find With Original Medicare (Parts A and B)
You will have a team committed to understanding your needs, helping you get the care you need and helping you manage your health. UnitedHealthcare will connect you to health and wellness resources and even schedule your preventative care, including arranging an Annual Wellness visit.
Below, you can find highlights of what the new plan offers:
• UnitedHealthcare® HouseCalls – An in-home visit designed to complement your doctor’s care. A licensed and knowledgeable health care practitioner will review your health history and current medications, perform a health screening, identify health risks and provide health education.
• Telephonic Nurse Support – Speak to a registered nurse anytime about your medical concerns and questions
• Renew Rewards – Earn rewards for taking an active role in your health and wellness by completing certain health care activities.
• Renew ActiveTM – A fitness program for mind and body that’s designed for you and your goals, offered exclusively by UnitedHealthcare.
• You can see any provider (in or out-of-network) at the same cost share, as long as they have not opted out of or been excluded from Medicare.
• Choose from over 67,000 pharmacies across the United States, including national chain, regional and independent local retail pharmacies.
Here’s What You Can Expect
You will be receiving more information from UnitedHealthcare
When will materials be mailed?
- Late October - UnitedHealthcare Plan Information
What will I receive?
- Early December - UnitedHealthcare Quick Start Guide and ID card
Rates for United Healthcare Effective 1/1/2022:
$48 per month – In-Network (Traditional) plan
$95 per month – Out-of-Network (Passive) plan
How This Change Affects You
Your current coverage with Humana will end on December 31, 2021. You do not need to do anything to enroll into the UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) plan. You and your Medicare-eligible dependents will be automatically enrolled into the new plan for coverage effective January 1, 2022.
*If you choose to join a different Medicare plan, you can contact 1-800-MEDICARE anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for help in learning how. TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048. Your state may have counseling services through the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). They can provide you with personalized counseling and assistance when selecting a plan, including Medicare Supplement plans, Medicare Advantage plans and prescription drug plans. They can also help you find medical assistance through your state Medicaid program and the Medicare Savings Program*
You must be entitled to Medicare Part A and enrolled in Medicare Part B. You must continue paying your Medicare Part B premium to be eligible for coverage under the UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage (PPO) plan.
Please do not hesitate to call UnitedHealthcare Customer Service at: 1-844-481-8833, TTY 711, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. local time, 7 days a week.