Learn about your City of Savannah Benefits and what changes you can make during Open Enrollment. In as little as 10 minutes, you can set yourself up for success in 2022!
Open Enrollment is now closed. All elections will be effective January 1, 2022.
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to serve as your is your foundation for Good Health, Peace of Mind and Financial Security. The 2022 Benefits Guide provides an overview of your benefits. Some plan costs are fully paid by the City, some you pay for on a voluntary basis, and with others, costs are shared between you and the City. It's up to you to choose the plans that best fit your personal needs.
SAV4Health Premium Incentive - DEADLINE 11/15/2021
Employees hired prior to June 30, 2021, who are on the medical plan, must complete the 4 wellness activities to qualify for the SAV4Health Premium and save an estimated $1000 on medical premiums over the course of 2022. You can complete your wellness activities in 3 ways:
- Login to www.cityofsavannahhealthplan.com
- Call a care coordinator at (866) 360 - 7926
- MyQHealth mobile app
Enroll Now - Lawson Self Service
Select: Bookmarks - Employee Self Service - Benefits - Open Enrollment
- Lawson Online Enrollment Guide
- Having Lawson Issues? Call the IT Helpdesk at 912-651-3282
Click images for plan rates and details
Adding a Domestic Partner to Benefits - If you are adding a domestic partner to your benefits, you must complete an Affidavit of Domestic Partnership and provide proof of domestic partnership by supplying 2 out of the 4 items listed below.
- Joint lease, mortgage, or deed, showing the same street address.
- Joint ownership of vehicle.
- Joint ownership of a checking account or credit account showing the same street address.
- Shared household expenses such as utility bills for the same street address.
Domestic Partnership Affidavit and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Benefits Department by November 15, 2021. Submit to Angelica Alfonso, Benefits Analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to P.O. Box 1027 Savannah, GA 31402 Attn: Human Resources
Supplemental Life Insurance - If you currently have Employee Supplemental Life Insurance, you may Increase it 1x during open enrollment without Evidence of Insurability. This is a Guaranteed Issue!
You must complete an Evidence of Insurability Application (EOI) online at https://www.standard.com/edu/city-savannah/62766 If you are:
- Electing for employee supplemental life insurance for the first time.
- Electing more than 1x your current level of coverage.
- Electing or increasing your spousal life and/or child life insurance.
- Benefit Maximum: Up to 5 x salary - to a maximum of $250,000
- Rates Are Based on Age: Supplemental Life Insurance Information and Rates
New ID Cards Will Be Issued - Make sure we have your current address on file, submit an address update request here: Employee Address Update Request
To Enroll In or Cancel Voluntary Worksite Benefits - Contact Creative Worksite Solutions at (866) 971 - 9715. Creative Worksite Solutions will be at the following locations from 10:00PM - 4:00PM to assist with your voluntary benefits enrollment:
- November 4th - 5th: Vehicle Maintenance Facility, 6900 Sallie Mood Dr.
- November 12th & 15th: SPD Professional Development Center, 3401 Edwin St.
**NEW** Critical Illness Insurance has a COVID-19 benefit - pays a 25% benefit if someone is diagnosed with COVID-19 and they spend five or more days in a hospital due to COVID related conditions. Example: If you elect a $10,000 benefit, your plan will pay $2,500. For a $30,0000 benefit, your plan will pay $7,500.
MissionSquare Retirement (ICMA) - will be onsite for one-on-one consultations about your 457|ROTH retirement savings plan(s) or assist you in enrolling. Click Here to Schedule a Consultation
You may also contact your MissionSquare representatives directly:
- Melissa Doughty at 1.866.328.4673 or email at email@example.com
- Alvin Floyd at 1.866.792.3256 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*The City will contribute $20 per month into the accounts of general employees who agree to set up a Deferred Compensation 457 account with MissionSquare and actively contribute $5 or more per week.