Broughton Street is the center of our city and our shopping district. As we continue construction, we want to highlight not only the history, but to give our community and visitors a place to create new memories. Broughton Street is one of the most unique settings in Savannah and the City is working diligently to maintain Broughton Street’s historical integrity while bringing critical infrastructure into the 21st Century. Our entire community has endured an unprecedented year with both personal and professional challenges. Now that some COVID restrictions have been relaxed, we hope you take some time to visit our newly constructed, hand-laid brick paver sidewalks, paved parking, crosswalks, lighting, landscaping, hardscapes, bike racks, and benches. We encourage you and your families to Explore Broughton.
To celebrate these incremental achievements and to bring attention to the great things happening on Broughton Street, we are partnering with Connect Savannah and other community partners to host an Explore Broughton Community Day. If you have a business on Broughton, we encourage you to join us in this great celebration! The Day will be filled with entertainment, food, shopping deals and sales, and other exciting activities! Please see event details below.
Don’t Miss Out – Plan your day on Broughton Street, Saturday, June 26th. to support our local merchants and come ready to Explore Broughton!
Event details for vendors below:
- Who should participate?
- Any business on Broughton Street. Your business does not have to be located on the completed blocks. We want EVERYONE to have a presence on the street!
- If your business is located on the blocks with active construction, you will be given display space on the south side of Broughton between MLK and Montgomery Streets (in front of the County parking garage).
- If your business is between Barnard and East Broad Streets, you will be allowed to set up a display in front of your business, if it does not impede pedestrian travel.
- Where will I place my display?
- Staff will work with you to establish your display space. More information about display space can be found in the Vendor Packet.
- If there is an address that has a storefront on the street and an upstairs store, please work with your neighbor so that both businesses can participate.
- What should I display?
- Anything that shows off the unique nature of your store. Displays should be engaging, colorful, and approachable!
- The only specific things not allowed are alcohol, cigarettes, or smoking paraphernalia
- Who should participate?
Fast Facts for Vendors
- Businesses currently in the construction zone will be able to setup in front of the MLK parking garage (please see map below)
- Vendors must provide their own 10 x 3ft tables
- Vendors participating in the Community Day must add the Mayor and Aldermen as additionally insured – more information available in the Vendor Package
- Vendor check-in – 7 am – 8 am
- Set up tables – 7 am – 9 am
- Clean up – 3 pm – 4 pm
Please plan to join us on June 26th for the Inaugural
Explore Broughton Community Day!!!