CARES Act Funds
The City is soliciting proposals for programs which prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) among individuals and families who are homeless or receiving homeless assistance; and to support additional homeless assistance and homelessness prevention activities to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS: This Request for Proposals is limited to Savannah-Chatham County Homeless Continuum of Care agencies and/or partner agencies which provide shelter, street outreach and homeless prevention services to individuals and families in the city limits of Savannah, Georgia.
The City of Savannah is seeking to fund programs and services which provide:
- Homeless Prevention: Homeless Prevention assistance to individuals and families currently in housing but at risk of becoming homeless and who would otherwise become homeless but for ESG assistance (Examples: Income loss due to COVID-19; assistance to quarantine away from family members).
- Emergency Shelter: Essential services to homeless persons in emergency shelters and operating costs of emergency shelters (Examples: Increase the number of shelter beds lost due to social distancing requirements, washers, dryers, portable handwashing stations).
- Street Outreach: Outreach, engagement, and provision of essential services for unsheltered homeless persons (Examples: Providing services to people in encampment and street settings i.e. coordinating medical care, train or bus tokens, taxi or rideshare for program participant travel to and from medical care).
- Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS): Upgrading or enhancing an agency’s HMIS to incorporate data on ESG program participants and ESG activities related to COVID-19.
AWARD AMOUNTS: A total of $2,796,877 is available for eligible programs in the following categories:
- Homeless Prevention: One or more grants up to a total of $2,000,000
- Emergency Shelter/Street Outreach/HMIS: One or more grants up to $796,877
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL AND DEADLINE
Proposal must be submitted to the City of Savannah, Human Services Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 21, 2020. Late proposals will not be accepted.