Site Permit - Electronic Submittal
The City of Savannah now accepts electronic submittals for Site Development Permit submittals. This electronic format is optional. For a one-page summary sheet of Electronic Plan Review Requirements for Site Development Permits, click here.
The following is required for electronic site development permit submittal within the City of Savannah:
Initial Submittal: ***Updated***
In order to make an electronic submittal for your permit, electronic files must be uploaded to the City of Savannah's File Transfer (FTP) site. Please note, Kiteworks is no longer in use for SPR submittal. To initiate a file transfer, send an email with the name of the project to the Permit Specialist. You will receive an email from the Permit Specialist with a link that has been created for your specific project and can be used for electronic submittals throughout the review process for the project. DVDs or flash drives will no longer be accepted.
PDF copies of the following documents (if applicable) must be uploaded:
- Submittal letter
- Construction Plans (see requirements below)
- Completed Site Development Permit Application - click here for link
- Complete Application Checklist - click here for link
- Stormwater, Water Distribution, and Wastewater Design Calculations, as applicable
- Completed Site Development Permit Plan Review Checklists - click here for link
- Completed Water and Sewer Plan Review Checklist (REQUIRED) - click here for link
- The following Water and Sewer Exhibit forms, as applicable - click herefor link
- Exhibit 1 - Proposed Sanitary Sewer Collection System Analysis Data Form
- Exhibit 2 - Proposed Water System Inventory Data Form
- Exhibit 3 - Sizing and Selection of Water Meters
- Exhibit 4 - Proposed Water Distribution System Analysis Data Form
- Exhibit 5 - Fire System and Back Flow Prevention Devices Owner/Client Declaration
- Exhibit 6 - Sanitary Sewer Extension Submittal
- Exhibit 7 - Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) Calculation (water usage)
- Exhibit 8 - Fire Protection Design Requirements
- All PDF files must have “Submittal 1_Project Name_” (or appropriate submittal number) preceding the document name.
- Maximum PDF file size: 100 megabytes per file. (If plan sets are larger than 100mg, files may be broken into 2 or more as required.)
- Construction Plan PDF Requirements:
- One PDF for entire set of construction drawings
- File Name: Submittal Number _Project Name_Date Submitted_Plans
- Black and White only - No Color. Color exhibits may be submitted in addition to the plans for clarification.
- Graphic Scale: Located in lower right corner of each page. (All plan PDFs must be to scale.)
- Plans must be created using True Type Fonts.
- All drawings must be electronically sealed, signed, and dated per O.C.G.A. (initial submittals and resubmittals).
- For ease of review, the following must be shown on separate plan sheets rather than the same sheet: Water and Sewer, Stormwater, Soil Erosion, and Landscaping.
- Include an exhibit showing the AutoTurn analysis for all roads and parking lots.
Payment of Permitting Fees:
There are two options for payment of the Site Plan Review Fee and Technology Fee (see application for fees)
- Submit fee check OR
- Pay the fee online in eTRAC after the submittal is made, the permit record is created, and the fee is invoiced through eTRAC (an email will be sent once permit record is created).
Once electronic plans are approved by all reviewers and the City Engineer, provide the following:
- Seven (7) full-size hard copies of the approved plans (for field use by the reviewing departments). Plans must be sealed, signed, and dated by the engineer, including the soil erosion certifications by the owner and design professional.
- One hard copy of the following documents, signed and sealed if applicable: all Engineering Reports and Design Calculations, Water and Sewer Exhibits, Fire Hydrant Flow Test, Backflow Preventer Certification, Grease Trap Sizing Calculations, Landfill Certification, Water and Sewer Agreement w/ Exhibits, Restrictive Covenants, Existing Easements/Deeds/Courthouse Research Verifying Existing Information shown on the construction plans
- Transmittal letter certifying the hard copy plans and documents exactly match the electronic plans that were approved.
Click here for a link to the Site Development Plan Permit Process Flow Chart. This flow chart contains contact names and numbers of each person at each step of the process.
If the disturbed area of your project is one acre or greater or is within 200 feet of state waters, the following must also be included in your submittal:
- Erosion Control Fee: $40 per disturbed acre payable to the City of Savannah (see Site Plan Application)
- One copy of each of the following items, which must be submitted to EPD two weeks prior to the start of construction:
- One copy of the Application for Land Disturbing Activity Permits and $50 donation check submitted to the Georgia Coastal Soil and Water Conservation Commission (GSWCC). Contact their office at CoastalSWCD@gaswcc.org or 912-459-2070 for more information. This application must be made to the GSWCC directly. ***NOTE: A site permit will not be issued without this approval.***
Submit electronic submittal package to City of Savannah Development Services, Attn: Robert Brannen, at:
- 5515 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31405 (by hand-delivery) OR
- P.O. Box 1027, Savannah, GA 31402 (by mail)
Site Plan Review (SPR) meetings (pre- and post-application) occur on Mondays and Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. at the Development Services office at 5515 Abercorn Street. Please email or call Robert Brannen (email, 912-651-6510, Ext. 1937) or Jian Fei (email, 912-651-6510 Ext. 2850) to be placed on the agenda. It could be helpful to attend a meeting either prior to submitting your application or immediately following submittal to walk the plan review team through your plans.
Other information that may be helpful in preparing your Specific Development Plan Submittal:
- Plan Review Checklists for all plan reviewing departments (Park and Tree, Stormwater, Streets, Traffic, Water and Sewer) - click here for link
- Standard Construction Details (in.dwg and.pdf formats) - click here for link
- City Specifications - click here for link
- Other Design Guidance information - click here for link and see menu at left
- Project Closeout Requirements - click here for link
The City of Savannah uses a website called eTRAC for online permit tracking. For information on how to use this site to track your projects as they go through the permitting process, click here. There are Quick Reference Guides available, as well as more detailed PowerPoint presentation slides from when we did a training class to the local design community on how to use the website.