Parking & Transportation
What's your parking plan?
Parking is limited downtown and restrictions will be enforced. Save yourself the hassle of the hunt or the pain of a parking ticket. Plan your transportation in advance. Try carpooling, public transit, bicycling or walking to your favorite St. Pat's Parade-watching or Festival-going spot this year.
The Mobility and Parking Services Department is offering pre-sale parking spaces for Saturday, March 16 for $20 at the following locations:
- Visitor’s Center Parking Lot, 301 Martin Luther King Jr.
- Bryan Street Garage, 100 East Bryant Street
- Liberty Street Garage, 301 West Liberty Street
- Robinson Garage, 132 Montgomery Street
- State Street Garage, 100 East State Street
- Whitaker Street Garage, 7 Whitaker Street
- Curtis B. Cooper Parking Lot, 122 Barr Street
If you are parking in the Bryan or State Street garages, you will not be allowed to exit the garage with your vehicle until the parade route has been cleared by the Savannah Police Department between 2-3 p.m.
There are 17 available spaces for motor homes at the Visitor’s Center Parking Lot located at 301 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. The cost of the parking space will be $20.00 for Friday and Saturday; $10.00 for Sunday.
To inquire about purchasing a space at the above listed locations contact the Bryan Street Parking Garage at 912-651-6477.
A parking pass can be purchased in the Bryan Street Parking Garage at 100 East Bryan Street, Sunday - Saturday, 8am to 7pm.
ALL PASSES MUST BE PICKED UP NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13, 7PM.
PARKING PASS MUST BE PRESENTED TO THE PARKING ATTENDANT UPON ARRIVAL TO THE GARAGE.
The City is also partnering with Chatham Area Transit (CAT) to provide daytime passenger shuttles from outlying areas of Chatham County.
The Daytime Parade Shuttle will operate from 7am until 4pm with service to and from the following locations. Passengers will pay a five dollar roundtrip fare to ride:
- From the Westside Shopping Center on U.S. 80 in Garden City to the Intermodal Transit Center on Oglethorpe Ave.
- From the Island Towne Centre on U.S. 80 on Whitemarsh Island to the intersection of Price and Oglethorpe Ave.
- From the Savannah Mall to the Intermodal Transit Center
Temporary Taxi Rates and Regulations
Zone A - $5.00 per person - The areas bounded by the Savannah River to the east curb line of Pennsylvania Avenue/Skidaway Road, to the south curb line of Victory Dr.
Zone B- $10.00 per person - All other areas of the city regardless of the pick-up and drop off points.
Regular customer calls for service will be a meter run, as normal. Drivers have the option to run their meter in lieu of charging the festival flat rate.
Authorized Rate Changes will be valid from 12:01 A.M. Friday 3/15/19 thru 6:00 A.M. Sunday 3/17/19 only.
Taxi drivers found charging the temporary rates either before or after this time will be subject to a $500.00 fine.
Complaints or comments about a taxicab or a driver please contact the Transportation Office at 912.651.6468.
- On Street enforcement of meters will be as normal on the Friday before St. Patrick’s Day (8 am – 8 pm)
- On Street enforcement of meters will be suspended on the Saturday of St. Patrick’s Day, but safety enforcement (yellow lines, cross walks, bike lanes, handicap parking, etc.) will still take place throughout the day and night.
- Motorcoach Information