Below are frequently asked questions regarding funding, classes, the gallery, festivals, and the Cultural Affairs Commission. If you have any additional questions, not addressed below, please contact us at 912-651-6783. 


How do I apply for a cultural contract?

For information on the department's arts and cultural investment programs, click here. You can also call us at  912-651-6783 to discuss your organization's project.

Visual Arts Classes, Camps and Workshops

When does Summer Art Camp start, what are the fees, and how can one register?

Our 2019 Summer Art Camps have ended. Stay tuned for information about our 2020 art camps. 


Can I participate as a vendor at a festival?

For inquiries on becoming a vendor for one of our partner organizations, please contact the specific organization. Organizations are listed here.

Cultural Affairs Commission 

What is the Cultural Affairs Commission (CAC)?

The Cultural Affairs Commission is made up of 18 members, appointed by the Mayor and Alderman. The commission meets every other month to review programming. In addition, the commission meets once a year to recommend purchases of arts and cultural services from eligible arts organizations. Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every other month at 6 p.m. View the complete list of Commissioners.

How can I apply for a vacancy on the Cultural Affairs Commission?

To apply to become a member of the Commission, you must submit an application and supporting documentation to the Clerk of Council office once an opening for a vacancy occurs. Persons desiring to fill vacancies on the Commission should be residents of the City of Savannah unless some special qualifications or skill knowledge specific to the vacancy is demonstrated. The City Council shall be responsible for determining the appropriateness of these qualifications. City Council will decide if a person is appointed to the Commission and the applicant will be informed of the Council's decision in writing.

Facebook Icon Opens in new window
IG Glyph Logo edited Opens in new window
Twitter Icon Opens in new window