Click to Home

Go To Search
Home
RSSPrintEmail
Colonial Park Cemetery

Colonial Park Cemetery served as Savannah’s cemetery for more than a century and contains over nine thousand graves. Established in 1750, by 1789 it had been expanded three times to reach the current size of six acres. Colonial Park Cemetery is approximately 6 acres in size and is located in the heart of Savannah’s Historic District. The cemetery is open to pedestrians from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. November - March and 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. March - November and is a very popular site for local citizens and tourists. The park-like cemetery has been closed to interments since 1853 and is the oldest intact municipal cemetery in Savannah. Previously known as the Old Cemetery, Old Brick Graveyard, South Broad Street Cemetery or Christ Church Cemetery, the cemetery served as the primary public cemetery from 1750 to 1853.

Colonial Park Cemetery Map

Colonial Park Cemetery Map

Location

Colonial Park Cemetery
201 Abercorn St.
Savannah, GA 31401

Directions

Click here for directions to Colonial Park Cemetery