Greenwich Cemetery is the youngest of the municipal cemeteries but is situated on a property with as much historical significance as any of them. Greenwich Plantation, with her manicured gardens full of ancient statuary, exotic plant specimens and an elegant white marble fountain, was once considered the most magnificent, privately-owned estate in the entire South. Greenwich Cemetery was established in 1933 as the Greenwich Addition to Bonaventure. The cemetery is open to the public daily from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Visitors enjoy the open space, the abundance of natural plant and wildlife, and the pleasant breeze from the Wilmington River. The 65-acre cemetery is one of the most relaxing settings in all of Savannah. The cemetery offers one of the most scenic views of the river and adjacent marshlands. Prime cemetery space including perpetual care provided by the City of Savannah is still available.
A 3 ½ acre section of Greenwich Cemetery has been designated as a passive park or meditation area for cemetery visitors. Greenwich Park serves as a central feature for future cemetery sections yet to be developed. The park surrounds a 1/2 acre artificial tidal pond which was created on the northeastern corner of Greenwich Estate, bordering the marsh across from Causton Bluff on the Saint Augustine Creek, now the Wilmington River.
330 Bonaventure Rd.
Savannah, GA 31404
Click here for directions to Greenwich Cemetery