City of Savannah
Mobility & Parking Services Department
These regulations are pursuant to O.C.G.A. 44-1-13 and City of Savannah Ordinance 6-1406.
As the Owner/Manager, it is your responsibility to ensure that the property is properly posted at all times before trespassing vehicles can LEGALLY be towed from a lot.
The following steps must be taken:
1. The Owner/Manager must complete the enclosed private property towing request form, including a diagram of your lot, showing the proposed placement of signs.
Private Property Towing Request Form
2. Submit the above mentioned request to the Mobility & Parking Service Department (MPSD) P. O. Box 2101 Savannah , Georgia 31402 (912-651-6468). A representative will then come out and inspect the lot to confirm that the proposed location of the signs is adequate. These requests may be faxed to Transportation Services at 912-651-1628.
3. Once your request is approved, post signs in accordance with enclosed City of Savannah Ordinance Article E Signs. After signs have been posted contact the Transportation office at 651-6468 and a representative will respond for final approval.
4. When you contact the designated wrecker service to remove a trespassing vehicle, someone from your authorized list MUST be present to sign the authorization form.
5. Please remember removing vehicles from a private lot can only be LEGALLY accomplished after all conditions set forth in the City of Savannah Ordinance and State of Georgia Code have been met.
6. If you elect to change wrecker services, or discontinue towing vehicles from your property, all existing signs must be removed from your property within fourteen calendar days.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Transportation office at 651-6468.