2017 Collection Schedules
Residential Refuse Collection
Residential Refuse Collection Work Programs
The following are the work programs associated with Residential Refuse Collection:
– Weekly removal of residential trash from all city residents via city issued green refuse cart. No trash can be placed outside the cart and will be removed for a fee.
Dead Animal Removal
– Dead animals in the city rights of way. Call 311 with exact location.
Bulk Item Collection
– Monthly removal of large items. In 2014, the City changed its system for bulk item pick-up to provide more efficient service to the community at-large. The collection schedule is still based upon your trash collection day, but collection is not automatic. Residents must call 311 by the Friday
to the week of collection
to receive free service
. Any items put out for pick-up that have not been called in by the Friday deadline will be removed
for a fee
. Any items placed out off schedule will also be removed
for a fee
Obtaining a Trash Cart
– Call 311 for cart delivery once utility service is established.
– Large items. Multiple items and immediate need collections can be obtained by calling 311. A special collection fee will apply.
Trash Cart Information
– Cart repair or replacement can be obtained by calling 311. Cart repairs are free. Replacement carts may incur a fee.
P.O. Box 1027
2 East Bay St., Savannah, GA 31401
Powered by CivicPlus