*****NOTICE - New Building, Demo, Sign and Fence Permit Applications *****
Effective March 8, 2017, the City of Savannah has updated the following new applications:
- Building Permit Application
- Demolition Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Fence Permit Application
Contact the Permit Services Technician at Development Services at 912-651-6510, ext. 1817 or email with any questions.
*****NOTICE - New Water and Sewer Approval Form *****
The City of Savannah has a new Water and Sewer Approval Form (to replace the Water and Sewer Questionnaire). New applicants need to have this form completed prior to issuance of the Building Permit.
Note: In order to expedite the application review time, as of June 1, 2017, Development Services will not accept Commercial Building Renovation applications without the completed form. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have this form completed by the Water and Sewer Planning and Engineering Department. Once they have approved and signed this document, submit this signed document to Development Services. Contact Water and Sewer Planning and Engineering at 912-651-6573 for more information.
*****NOTICE - NEW FEES IN 2017*****
Effective January 1, 2017, some Development Services fees have been increased or added due to the adoption of the 2017 City of Savannah Revenue Ordinance. Please call Development Services at 912-651-6510 if you have any questions about the new fees. Click here for a summary of the typical fees associated with a building or site permit, which reflects the 2017 changes. For a list of all fees charged by Development Services, click here.
Notice to Homeowners Who Have Sustained Damage during Hurricane Matthew and Need Repairs
- Click here for the web page and click here for a PDF copy of the Notice to Homeowners Who Have Sustained Damage during Hurricane Matthew and Need Repairs.
Helpful Building Permit Links and Resources
- How to Apply for Building Permits
- Codes and Permit Guidelines
- Applications and Checklists
- Building Plan Review (BPR) Meetings
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Why Do I Need a Permit?
- When is a Permit Required?
- Residential Projects that Need a Permit
- Residential Projects that DO NOT Need a Permit
- Building Permit Process Flow Chart
- eTRAC, the City's permit tracking website
- Fee Information
- Building Permit Instructions - After the Permit is Issued
- 2017 City of Savannah Construction and Life Safety Codes