Please note this page has remained up for a record of city actions during the initial stages of the pandemic, for the most current info please proceed to the Re-Opening Plan Page.
Mayor Van R. Johnson issues Shelter at Home order
In addition to the City services listed below the Mayor has also issued a shelter at home order for Savannah. View the full order and the essential businesses list here.
In response to Mayor Van R. Johnson’s emergency declaration, City Manager Pat Monahan has approved limiting public access at City facilities. The City of Savannah remains open for business, but the following changes should be noted:
- Revenue Department
- Development Services, Capital Improvement Projects and Planning and Urban Design
- Open by appointment only on Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 to 1:00. Please call 912-651-6530 to make an appointment.
- Customers must schedule an appointment to meet with specific staff.
- All offices will maintain regular weekday business hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- All SPR and BPR meetings are canceled until further notice.
- All Wednesday Walk-Throughs are canceled until further notice.
- Office of Business Opportunity and Savannah Entrepreneurial Center
- All scheduled classes are moved online. Individuals already registered for an upcoming session will receive information on how to access classes through an online portal.
- All visits to the Savannah Entrepreneurial Center are by appointment only. All services will continue to be available during normal business hours by accessing savannahga.gov/business or calling (912) 652-3582.
- The Office of Business Opportunity remains available to assist with starting a business, accessing incentives, government contracting, and small business financing.
- Traffic Engineering Office
- Starting Monday, March 23, there will be no walk-in service for permits (dumpster/container, driveway, oversize load, right-of-way work permits).
- All permit requests for essential work must be submitted via fax (912) 525-1535 or email email@example.com.
- Invoiced fees can be paid using most credit cards online via eTRAC. To sign up, users must click "Register" on the eTRAC site and provide the required information.
- A drop-box is available next to the main entrance of the Traffic Engineering Office located at 1100 W. Gwinnett St. - Building B for customers unable to submit applications and/or fees electronically. No personal checks or cash will be accepted. Only cashier’s checks, money orders or local company checks.
- Permitting services will ONLY be available for essential work (critical service repairs or installations). Applications for non-essential work or requests that can be rescheduled will not be accepted until further notice.
- Contact the Traffic Engineering Office at (912) 651-6600 with questions.
- Office of Special Events, Film, and Tourism
- The Office of Special Events, Film, and Tourism (SEFT) will not accept applications for new events or issue any permits for activities on the public right-of-way or in City facilities through April 13, 2020.
- If you have received a permit for an event scheduled to take place between March 18 and April 13, 2020, please contact the office for either a refund or to have your permit fees applied to another date. Please be advised that, until more is understood about the length of the impact of Coronavirus on our community, SEFT will not be rescheduling dates at this time. Please check the website regularly for updates and changes to this Policy.
- The following City facilities are only open to visitors by appointment:
- Coastal Georgia Center
- City Hall
- Savannah Morning News building
- Special Events, Film and Tourism Office
- W.W. Law Archives