Praise and Preparedness Discount
The City encourages and supports the efforts of houses of worship and other qualifying non-profit organizations to offer assistance to the citizens of Savannah in the event of an emergency. The Georgia Emergency Management Agency has created the “Praise and Preparedness Program” to provide resources to Faith-based organizations wishing to play an integral role in local readiness and recovery efforts. See http://www.praise.ga.gov/. In an effort to recognize the costs associated with providing these types of services, the City offers a Praise and Preparedness discount that may be applied as a user fee discount to the eligible customer’s fire protection fee bill.
The Praise and Preparedness discount will be available to houses of worship and non-profit organizations that can document active participation in this program. In order to receive the full discount, the fire protection fee customer must also participate in one or more of the three elements of this program including:
1) Facilities, by creating an Emergency Plan that addresses fire safety and evacuation;
2) Congregation, by educating members about home emergency preparedness; and
3) Community, by getting involved in community disaster relief.
Participation in each element of the Praise and Preparedness program will be worth a 5% discount for a total discount of 15% if all elements of the program are implemented by the applicant. Additional information on this program can be requested from Savannah Fire and can also be found at the following link: http://www.praise.ga.gov/.
Documentation Required to be Submitted with Fire Fee Discount Application
The Fire Protection Fee customer shall provide the following documentation, as applicable, when applying for a Fire Protection fee discount for Praise and Preparedness:
- Fire Fee Discount Application;
- Copy of the Emergency Plan, including documentation of most recent rehearsal including summary of activities and date of occurrence;
- Documentation of any applicable member education;
- Documentation from partnering organization of participation in community disaster relief; and
- Affidavit with Certification Statement