Film and Media Division
AT THIS TIME, ALL FILM PERMITS WILL BE DELAYED UNTIL MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26TH, 2018. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
The Film and Media Coordinator is Nikki Palucci. For information about filming in Savannah, please contact Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org or (912) 351-3837.
Description of Services
Our goal is to have safe, successful, permitted filming in the City of Savannah. Our office does this in several ways:
- Ensure that all filming has as minimal impact as possible on the residents and businesses;
- Fulfill requested City of Savannah needs for productions;
- Enforce all ordinances and permit requirements for filming on public property, including parking, safety, hours of operation, noise, animal regulations;
- Represent the City of Savannah in Recorder’s Court for film-related ordinance violations.
- Issue Film & Media Permits for productions in the City of Savannah;
- Work with Location Managers to troubleshoot location issues;
- Work with SCAD and student filmmakers to ensure safe and non-invasive filming on public property;
- Design and facilitate training for location managers, producers and other film industry professionals on City of Savannah guidelines and expectations;
- Respond to and resolve citizen complaints about film and media projects; and
- Work closely with the Savannah Area Film Office to promote safe and successful filming.
Applications for film permits can be found at www.savannahfilm.org.
City of Savannah Permit Fees:
Any professional production requiring a permit to film.
Any Low Impact production that does not need to set up at a specific location.
*This is a total – not in addition to the $200.00 (Professional Fee) or $100.00 (Blanket Fee).*
Any professional production that requires a permit less than 48 hours from the time the application is received.
Any Student Film associated with a class grade.
NOTE: ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE EXCEPT IN EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES