Mayor’s Office of Constituent Services
The Mayor’s Office of constituent services prepares ceremonial documents on behalf of the Mayor for special occasions. Requests for ceremonial documents must have a specific connection to Savannah. Beyond inviting the Mayor to attend an event or schedule a meeting, citizens may also request for the documents in the categories below:
Issued to individuals for acts of heroism
Proclamations are typically issued by the Mayor to recognize the importance of a community event, significant achievements by a community member, or to increase public awareness of a worthy cause. Proclamation request guidelines.
Mayoral Certificate of Congratulations
To acknowledge some significant milestone – anniversary
Mayoral Greeting Letter
Greeting letters are issued to organizations hosting a conference, convention, family reunion or other event in the City of Savannah. These are usually sent via email as a high-resolution PDF on digital stationery with the mayor’s photograph in the upper right-hand corner.
- Request a ceremonial document from the Mayor
- Request to meet with the Mayor
- Invite the Mayor to an event
Guidelines for All Documents
To ensure that your request is honored, please review the guidelines below and specific information related to your request.
- Any document requests must be in writing, preferably in electronic format.
- Requests need to be made at least two weeks (10 business days) and prior to the due date. Proclamation request must be made 15 business days prior to due date.
- Any request made with less than a two week notice will be reviewed based on existing backlog, overall workload, and completeness of information provided. Late requests (with less than a two week notice) may be denied due to time constraints.
- All requests must include the following information:
- Event Date
- Due Date
- Contact Information
- Relevant biographical information about the event or recipient of the document.
- There is a limit of one type of document (proclamation, congratulations, citations and special letters) per organization or event from the Mayor's Office.
- Language sent in by the requestor may be revised for content, and changes made by the Mayor's Office are final.
- The event must have a direct impact on the city of Savannah. All requests may be subject to evaluation by the Mayor’s Office for approval.
- The type of document prepared by the Mayor's Office will be reviewed and in some cases may be different from the requested.
Please keep in mind:
The Mayor’s Office reserves the right to determine the type of document to be issued, and to deny any request.